Processed and value-added products fetch a higher price, can be stored for a longer time and need less space. This course will introduce participants to different value addition and food processing techniques. It is made to cater for farmers, small and medium enterprises and those who would like to venture into food processing and value addition.
Skills you will acquire
After the training you will know about …
- Food processing and value addition basics
- Hygiene and sanitation in food processing
- Standards for food processing
- Sorting and grading of fruits and vegetables
- Preparation of fruits and vegetables for processing
- Production of fruit marmalade (jam)
- Production of peanut flour and peanut butter
- Solar drying of fruits and vegetables
- Milk value addition
- Mushroom production
- Packaging and packaging material
- Branding and labelling
- Participants produce value added products which increase their income.
- Participants apply adequate hygiene standards for food production.
- Participants increase the shelf life of their products and hence minimize produce losses.
- 9th – 13th November 2020 — Course ID: FP 005
(Please note that our training schedule is subject to change due to variable
course attendance. To confirm the course dates contact us as indicated below.)
|Training Fee:||TZS 300,000/= per participant, the fee is inclusive of training, materials, accommodation, meals at the centre and and transport to and from the training centre (from Morogoro city).|
|Venue:||SAT Training Centre in Vianzi (approx. 20km from Morogoro city)|
|Apply to:||Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT), P.O.Box 6369, Morogoro,|
+255 (0) 754 925560, +255 (0) 655 925560 email@example.com
|Application Forms:||Use the link(s) below to download the application form(s)|