We are proud to introduce our Permaculture Design Course (PDC), which is an internationally recognized, minimum seventy-two-hour course (two weeks) resulting in a Permaculture Design Certificate. It provides an introduction to permaculture design as set forth by movement founder Bill Mollison. This 2-week intensive course held in Swahili will equip you with the holistic design thinking and skills to create resilient, synergistic systems for living and working with the community. A special emphasis will be on the tropics and drylands. By observing nature, we can use natural patterning to make holistic designs and implement ideas and systems that build on natural processes with energy efficient, low cost and high yielding results.
Skills you will acquire
- Apply design aspects as well as maintain a cultivated ecology in tropical and dryland climate areas
- Application of design principles and methods for permaculture
- Understand patterns in nature
- Planning for water, soils and earthworks
- Application of permaculture techniques and strategies in the different climatic types
- Design social, legal and economical human settlement
The course is held by Janet Maro, a SUA graduate and CEO Programme of SAT, is originally from Kilimanjaro where the successful traditional Chagga farming systems have inspired modern permaculture. Together with other SAT staff, they have trained more than 3,000 farmers, extension officers, school and university students as well as individuals from all over Tanzania on organic and sustainable agriculture. She did her PDC with Nicholas Syano of PRI Kenya in 2013 and her permaculture teacher trainer and advanced permaculture consultancy with Warren Brush of Quail Springs Permaculture in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
- Day 1: Foundations of Permaculture
- Day 2: Design for Pattern Literacy
- Day 3: Water
- Day 4: Food, Forests, Guilds and Ecosystems
- Day 5: Soil: The Living Skin of the Earth
- Day 6: Gardening
- Day 7: Design for Disaster
- Day 8: Dry land strategies
- Day 9: Energy and Tools for Working Wisely
- Day 10: Ecovillages, Community and Thinking Globally
- Day 11: Green Economics and Right Livelihood
- Day 12: Putting it Together: The Design Project
- Participants apply permaculture design methods for water, soils and earthworks for sustainable production in tropics and dryland.
- Participants know how to design and implement permaculture into a wide range of scenarios: from urban permaculture systems to small farms and community projects.
- Participants obtain an internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate
- 23rd August – 3rd September 2021 — Course ID: PDC 007
(Please note that our training schedule is subject to change due to variable
course attendance. To confirm the course dates contact us as indicated below.)
|Training Fee:||TZS 500,000/= per participant, the fee is inclusive of training, materials, accommodation, meals at the centre and and transport to and from the training centre (from Morogoro city).|
|Venue:||SAT Training Centre in Vianzi (approx. 20km from Morogoro city)|
|Apply to:||Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT), P.O.Box 6369, Morogoro,|
+255 (0) 754 925560, +255 (0) 655 925560 email@example.com
|Application Forms:||Use the link(s) below to download the application form(s)|