The demand for organic spices is shooting up worldwide and is expected to double within the next five years. On top of that, spices yield the highest profits (up to 70%) among organic products. For spice farmers, this is indeed a very promising perspective. This course prepares you to meet the standards of the organic market for cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, turmeric, and ginger.
“Be part of a sustainable agricultural production!”
Skills You Will Acquire
To produce and sell spices and successfully, you need to master a number of skills. We will train you on how to…
- set up and manage a nursery
- transplant seedlings
- plant spices in beneficiary combinations with other crops (multi-cropping system)
- take care of your spice field
- harvest orderly and correctly
- grade, dry and store your spices adequately
- Participants increase their yield through organic spice farming.
- Participants produce high-quality spices (cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, turmeric, ginger) through broad skills.
- Participants improve soil fertility and prevent erosion by using multi-cropping with vegetables and legumes.
“This course empowers you to be a reliable and esteemed supplier of superior spices and a role-model in sustainable agriculture.”
This comprehensive course includes classroom tuition, practical training in the plot, and a field visit to spice farmers in the Uluguru Mountains.
Training of Trainers – A Cost-Efficient Solution
We are planning to establish a training of trainers course on organic spice production. Our goal is to build up your capacity to work in the field and give your best to your participants. Learn how to prepare, conduct, and evaluate sessions. Make your training compulsive and participatory. Let us help you realise your full potential as a trainer or facilitator. Please contact us.
- 18th September – 22nd September 2023 — Course ID: SPICE 007
- 2nd October – 6th October 2023 — Course ID: SPICE 008
(Please note that our training schedule is subject to change due to variable
course attendance. To confirm the course dates contact us as indicated below.)
|Training Fee:||TZS 350,000/= per participant, the fee is inclusive of training, materials, accommodation, |
meals at the center and transport for the tour as well as to and from the training center (from Morogoro city).
|Venue:||SAT Training Centre in Vianzi (approx. 20km from Morogoro city)|
|Apply to:||Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT), P.O.Box 6369, Morogoro,|
+255 (0) 754 925560, +255 (0) 655 925560 email@example.com
|Application Forms:||Use the link(s) below to download the application form(s)|