Graduates of the course “Organic Agriculture Basic” will get further insights into sustainable farming practices. The first part of this course is a deeper introduction into soil health and technologies which can be used to increase soil fertility. Organic pest and disease management are practically and theoretically taught. Furthermore, water management techniques will be an important focus of this course. The course closes with various crop propagation techniques which are suitable biotechnologies for organic farmers.
Skills you will acquire
During this more advanced course we will train you on how to…
- Soil, a living organism
- Know your soil – the simple soil test
- Macro and micro nutrients for plants
- Nutrient deficiency in plants (signs, causes and symptoms)
- Soil recovery and fertility improvement
- Compost making and Liquid fertilizers
- Organic management of pests and diseases
- Cover cropping and green manure
- Tree nursery establishment
- Crop propagation techniques such as budding, grafting and tissue culture
- Water management in the farm (contours, swales, strips, trenches)
- Participants increase their yields through the implementation of the newly learned practices.
- Participants propagate their crops by themselves and therefore increase their independency from agricultural suppliers.
- Participants ensure the long-lasting fertility of their fields which means that also the next generations can generate income from agriculture in the same fields.
- 24th – 28th October 2022 — Course ID OAI 004
(Please note that our training schedule is subject to change due to variable
course attendance. To confirm the course dates contact us as indicated below.)
|Training Fee:||TZS 350,000/= per participant, the fee is inclusive of training, materials, accommodation, meals at the center and transport to and from the training center (from Morogoro city).|
|Venue:||SAT Training Centre in Vianzi (approx. 20km from Morogoro city)|
|Apply to:||Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT), P.O.Box 6369, Morogoro,|
+255 (0) 754 925560, +255 (0) 655 925560 email@example.com
|Application Forms:||Use the link(s) below to download the application form(s)|