With more than seven years of experience in the field of organic agriculture we have a lot to share. Using an integrated approach that combines crop production with livestock-keeping and forestry we can help you manage your plot most efficiently.
Skills you will acquire
During this introduction course of organic farming we will train you on how to….
- make a simple soil test (finger and bottle methods)
- prepare a garden (nursery layout and care, field layout, approprate spacing and transplanting)
- improve soil fertility (compost, top dressing, green manure)
- do pest, disease and weed management
- use agricultural innovations (nine seeds per hole, portable gardens,…) on your farm
- do greenhouse/screenhouse farming
- create beneficial agroforestry systems
- establish tree nurseries and graft & bud fruit trees
- market your agricultural products properly
- Participants manage their farming plots most efficiently
- Participants increase their yields by applying techniques of “Sustainable Intensification”.
- Participants manage and increase soil fertility of their fields.
- Participants control pests by the help of botanical extracts.
- 28th June to 02nd July 2021 — Course ID: OA 033
- 04th to 08th October 2021 — Course ID: OA 034
- 22nd to 26th November 2021 — Course ID: OA 035
(Please note that our training schedule is subject to change due to variable
course attendance. To confirm the course dates contact us as indicated below.)
|Training Fee:||TZS 250,000/= per participant, the fee is inclusive of training, materials, accommodation, meals at the centre and and transport to and from the training centre (from Morogoro city).|
|Venue:||SAT Training Centre in Vianzi (approx. 20km from Morogoro city)|
|Apply to:||Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT), P.O.Box 6369, Morogoro,|
+255 (0) 754 925560, +255 (0) 655 925560 email@example.com
|Application Forms:||Use the link(s) below to download the application form(s)|