Cultivating your fields and protecting the environment at the same time? Yes, it is possible. With the help of Conservation Agriculture these two aspects do not have to be mutually exclusive. Conservation Agriculture combines farming and soil management techniques that protect the soil from erosion and degradation, improve its quality and biodiversity, and contribute to the preservation of the natural resources, water and air, while optimizing yields.
Skills you will acquire
In this course we will train you on…
- Concept of Conservation Agriculture approach to sustainable agriculture
- Soil – a living, breathing organisms
- Minimum / zero tillage
- Maintaining crop diversity (mixed, rotation, intercropping, agroforestry)
- Maintaining soil cover (mulching, cover cropping, crop residue management)
- On farm soil and water conservation (contour, pits, trench farming)
- Irrigation practices for conserving water (SRI/bottle/drip)
- Integrated soil fertility management (ISFM) and integrated plant nutrients management
- Organic fertilizers/manure (compost, farm yard, green manure, liquid- top dressing manure)
- Integrated pest and weed management (IPM and IWM) – organic
- Working tools in Conservation Agriculture (from small to large scale operations)
- Participants increase their yield through implementing the learned crop management practices.
- Participants contribute to environment conservation instead of harming the nature with their practices.
- Participants improve soil fertility and prevent erosion.
- 21st – 25th September 2020 — Course ID: CA 011
(Please note that our training schedule is subject to change due to variable
course attendance. To confirm the course dates contact us as indicated below.)
|Training Fee:||TZS 300,000/= per participant, the fee is inclusive of training, materials, accommodation, meals at the centre and transport to and from the training centre (from Morogoro city).|
|Venue:||SAT Training Centre in Vianzi (approx. 20km from Morogoro city)|
|Apply to:||Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT), P.O.Box 6369, Morogoro,|
+255 (0) 754 925560, +255 (0) 655 925560 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Application Forms:||Use the link(s) below to download the application form(s)|