CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR INTERSECTIONAL GENDER ANALYSIS UNDER THE DODOMA’S WOMEN IN AGRICULTURE AND SMALL BUSINESS INITIATIVES (DWABI).
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) is seeking to hire a consultant(s) to conduct an intersectional gender analysis for Dodoma’s Women in Agriculture and Business Initiatives (DWABI) project funded by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and Institut zur Coorperation bei Entwiklungs-Projekten (ICEP). The evaluator is free to propose the methodologies and tools that will be used in the evaluation exercise. These Terms of Reference (ToR) serve as a request for proposals from individual consultants/firms interested in conducting this evaluation.
- Inception report with detailed interpretation of terms of reference, clearly stating the approach, methodology, workplan and instruments/tools for undertaking the exercise including a tabulation plan of how each indicator will be obtained;
- One electronic file of the clean (final) qualitative and quantitative data collected;
- Final analysis report in 3 hard bound copies of final evaluation report, soft copies of the reports and data sets, a summary version of the final analysis report (max.2 pages), copies of the relevant data collection tools, a compendium of photographs of the major scenes observed during evaluation and a snapshot view of individual reports for each District visited.
All of the above-mentioned documents shall be submitted to SAT management team within 15 days after completion of the fieldwork.
- The consultant should have a post-graduate degree in Gender development studies, Sociology or another field relevant to this assignment.
- Proven expertise in gender analysis/assessments design and review of programmes focused on gender equality, equity, mainstreaming.
- Proven experience of minimum 5 years in undertaking similar assignments.
- Ability to produce well written, analytical reports in English is essential.
- Experience of working with the Governments, international development agencies, local organizations and authorities, experience in and knowledge of participatory approaches and methods
It’s to be noted that the consultants selected will be expected to sign the contract to adhere to the work and expected outputs at the end of the activity.
Interested applicants should submit;
- A cover letter of expression of interest,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Technical proposal explaining their comprehension of the ToR, and how they would approach this assignment, summarising the methodologies, and approaches they plan to use including a timeline financial proposal outlining their expected fees for undertaking the assignment,
- A sample of two reports of similar or related evaluations undertaken.
Please send your application electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th April 2022 with the subject line of the email DWABI intersectional Gender analysis. The review of proposals starts immediately and will continue until a suitable consultant is identified and close on 10th April.
Please find the Terms of Reference Here