TRAINER (S) TO PROVIDE TRAINING ON AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FOR AGRICULTURAL TUTORS FROM 29 AGRICULTURAL TRAINING INSTITUTES.
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) is seeking to hire a Trainer(s) to conduct Project planning and management training for tutors from 29 Agricultural Training Institutes. The trainer (s) is free to use any workable methodologies that will be used in the training. These Terms of Reference (ToR) serve as a request for proposals from individual consultants/firms interested in conducting this training.
The objective of the assignment
The main objective of Agricultural Extension training is to equip 29 agricultural tutors with knowledge and skills in agricultural extension. Training tutors responsible to train students on Agricultural Extension is an essential step towards enabling effective delivery of the curriculum. After the training, the tutors are expected to work together to prepare a draft compendium/training manual on Agricultural Extension. The developed compendium will be used as a teaching and learning resource for both tutors and students.
The following deliverables are expected from the facilitator/trainer.
- Inception report indicating the detailed training methodologies, training contents, sources, five-day training program, and training materials will be discussed and approved by SAT team before training starts.
- Carry out face-to-face training to trainees for 5 days
- Comprehensive training report of the training assignment
- Deliver notes which may be shared in soft or hard copy materials
- An electronic copy of all training materials and contents including presentations, videos, and other resource-relevant materials for agricultural extension.
- Technical advice on Agricultural Extension compendium development to SAT management and the task team.
- Proof-reading of the draft compendium on Agricultural Extension once developed by the Task Team
NOTE: The training report will be produced after one week from the date of the training closure. Training notes and other resource materials should be provided during or at the end of the training.
Time span of the training
This training is expected to be carried out for a period of 5 days (from 27th June to 1st July 2022).
- At least a master’s degree in the areas of Agricultural Extension based on areas shown in the objective and the scope of the assignment (item 4.0 and 5.0 or any relevant field);
- Excellent knowledge of agriculture program planning and management and its application in running agricultural programs and proficiency in adult learning principles;
- Demonstrated experience and proven records in undertaking similar assignments;
- Minimum 10 years experience in agriculture program planning and management consultancies;
- Have experience in the field of facilitation of training and especially agricultural extension program planning and management;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, reporting, and facilitation skills, including working in multi-cultural settings;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments, at least 3 references from clients, and
- Working experience with senior officials within the government and non-government organizations
Proposed modality of payment
Upon signing of the contract before the start of the assignment, the first installment of 50% of the agreed sum amount will be paid. and then 50% after finishing the entire assignment and handing over the reports for the assignment.
Application and Documentation
Interested qualified trainers are invited to submit their applications. Trainers who meet the requirements should submit the following; application letter (EOI), Curriculum Vitae, conceptual inception report showing how you intend to achieve the stated objectives, previous experience (sample work and references), proposed five days training program, and budget for undertaking the assignment. Please send your application electronically via email@example.com by 23rd June 2022 with the subject line of email Agricultural Extension Training. A review of proposals will be done on the 24th of June 2022. Award giving of the assignment to the suitable trainer will be on 24th June 2022.
NB: The deadline for submission of EOI will be on 23rd June 2022 at 1700hrs East African Time. Late EOIs and portions of EOI, shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances. Only awarded consultant(s) will be contacted
PLEASE FIND THE TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE TRAINER (S) TO PROVIDE TRAINING ON AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FOR AGRICULTURAL TUTORS FROM 29 AGRICULTURAL TRAINING INSTITUTES CAN BE FOUND HERE.