Is waste equal waste? NO! Experts from Kenya (among them the Organic farming legend Molly Njeru and experts from KOATEC institute – Titus Muchangi) will show you how to get the most out of it. In these 5 days you will experience several composting technologies from kitchen and garden waste, using Effective Microorganisms (EM) technology for agriculture, environment and livestock, how to make organic charcoal or char from paper, how to produce valuables from old cloth, plastic bags, old braids and all sorts of waste.
The training will cover topics such as:
• Sustainable urban solid and liquid waste management (Compost making and waste water management), urban and peri-urban agriculture and environmental management practices.
• Effective Microorganisms (EM) Technologies in organic agriculture, waste management and health.
• Organic compost (Bio-fertilizer) making techniques using market garbage
• Charcoal making using waste (Briquettes, char)
• Organic agriculture and livestock management practices
• Appropriate value addition technologies
• Appropriate technologies for rural development
• Multi-story/portable garden making
1st Sep. – 5th Sep. 2014 Course ID: OAWM 002
Training Fee: TZS 400,000/= per participant, the fee is inclusive of training and materials, accommodation and meals at the centre.
Facilitators: Molly Njeru, Titus Muchangi and Janet Maro
Venue: SAT Training Centre in Vianzi (approx. 20km from Morogoro city)
Apply to: Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT), P.O.Box 6369, Morogoro, +255 (0) 754 925560, +255 (0) 655 925560 email@example.com
Application Form: Use this link to download the application form
If you interested in the schedule for the whole year 2013 use this link: Download SAT trainings 2014